05/19


Last night was long and tiring in Tel Aviv. I messed up my hotel booking and reserved a room for the night that I had left America, not realizing that I would be arriving in Israel the day after. I was not aware of this mistake until I reached my hotel and the gentleman at the reception told me that I was supposed to have come in the night before. I was obviously very flustered and I couldn't believe that I had made that mistake. The receptionist was an extremely helpful and worked with me till I was able to find another place for the night. Later that night I also realized that in confusing my arrival day, I had also not taken into account that the office that I was to pick up my apartment keys from in Haifa would not be open on Friday and Saturday, given that it would be the weekend. I spent the rest of the night finding a place to stay in Haifa for two more days. 

--------


My bathroom window in Haifa

--------

For those of you who got through my rant on how I messed up, thank you for reading. I am currently a rising Junior at Carnegie Mellon studying Materials Science and Biomedical Engineering. I have the amazing opportunity to be an international research student at Technion University in Haifa, Israel with Dr. Avi Schroeder. This was made possible by funding from the Undergraduate Research Office and the College of Engineering. Dr. Tzahi Cohen-Karni, who I have worked with since last summer at CMU, helped establish contact with Dr.Schroeder. He works on Personalized Medicine and my work will be in synthesizing drug-loaded nanoliposomes and evaluating their effectiveness with different cancer cell lines. 

--------


Balcony at the hotel in Haifa overlooking the city

--------

Haifa seems to be a beautiful city with hills and beaches that I want to explore. I am so excited for my summer here. I am ready. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog